Love Like Poetry


Heart, Love and Peace




















Eyes dark piercing into brown
Chocolate skin melting against caramel's
Magnetic opposite. Two worlds. One soul.

They say he's a soup brimming with oil, bland and lifeless
With words blasting like drums, I'm asked -
"what did you see in him"?
And oh, I'm the girl who eats a rock and swallows zero water
I'm the girl with beaded waist and ringed ears
Moving with rhythm like the bata drum
My bum cheeks kissing each each other enticingly
Soft like hot butter

But you're more than shawarma, free WI-FI and credit alert


Love Like Poetry

With cares as little as a child, he tops the chart
I've always known he was from another planet
An alien being.
How can one embody so much perfection?
My blue boy... Seven men in one
Rare as scoring 10/10 in a lecturer's English essay
Rare as the sight of the crispy new 100 naira note
And as the sight of gold on the earth surface
I remember when he came at sunrise
With bent head
Kissing my feet... worshiping
I get a taste of heaven gentle burning at the tip of my tongue
His love is as certain as the rising sun
And with it warms my heart like the smell of party jollof rice


I'm always dizzy with sweet satisfaction
Sweet like ripe sheri mangoes
For once, I feel the fear that lurks hesitantly
That you might get your heart stolen
By fairer beauties
Long of legs
With hips the curve of a potter's clay pot

Love











Every lady deserve a love like these
Least once in seventy years
You are more than poetry
And I hope you don't sail with your heart
"when you go on the morrow"
Even though you're a fat ass
Everything about you is sweet
Big Daddy, see your son!!!..... A bonafide heir
A true semblance of your nature
Carrying your spirit and invoking your power
I. AM. TRULY. BLESSED

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faux-Intellectuals and How to Pepper Dem. A Smart Woman View of Big Brother Nigeria 2019

Context: The Missing Plug in Target Audience Conversion,

How One Outdoor Event Transformed Duch Digital Media's Employee Engagement